Central heating system power flushing disclaimer
The core component of a heating system is the boiler. When a boiler is renewed, the boiler manufacturers’ Benchmark scheme requires that the system be thoroughly cleansed to the BS7593:2006 Code of Practice. Currently, best industry practice is considered to be to power flush the system.
Power flushing is the fastest and most effective way to flush heating systems, and involves minimal disruption and dismantling.
We use purpose built power flushing pumps, designed to cure the circulation and boiler noise problems caused by accumulations of sludge, corrosion deposits and scale which are found in most ageing central heating systems.
The power flushing pump is temporarily connected into a heating system during the flushing process. The high water velocity, combined with instantaneous flow reversal, dislodges and mobilises sludge and corrosion deposits.
Having loosened the debris, the pump expels it from the system to waste, using a high velocity flow of fresh water.
Radiators are individually flushed without removal or disconnection from the system. After the power flush, the system is full of clean water, and re-in statement to normal operation is then carried out full of clean water with inhibitor (corrosion protection)
A power flush can be extremely effective in cleaning systems that have corrosion problems.If your system has sludge due to a design fault, we strongly recommend that any such design faults be rectified before power flushing commences.
The success of a power flush will depend on the level of heating system corrosion which has occurred beforehand. The process will cure most circulation problems, but cannot undo the corrosion and gradual decay that has led to the need to power flush the system,This can be the case in micro bore systems more so than a standard system.
Whilst it is rare for a heating system to experience leaks after the power flushing process, it is not possible to inspect a system internally beforehand, and the need to use a flushing and dispersing chemical (see Part L of the Building regulations) for effective cleansing means that occasionally we may find a pinhole leak, the final breakthrough event of a progressive attack of pitting corrosion.
The advanced stage of corrosion required for such a situation means that the leak would occur imminently even without a power flush. We believe that it is better that it occurs whilst we are present to remedy the problem, rather than for it to arise over a weekend or whilst the house is unoccupied.
Systems which have been neglected over a period of time, or have not been treated with an effective corrosion inhibitor, may have severely compacted corrosion debris, in the pipe work, radiators, or boiler, and it is possible that even after the power flush, some radiators may still not be fully effective and can even block up completely, boilers on the margin of failure may cease working due to sludge and debris later breaking loose and collecting in the heat exchanger blocking it, Which will result in having to replace the heat exchanger at an additional cost. Neglected are Systems sometimes are badly corroded that leaks and failures can occur on radiators,radiator valves, pipework , boilers ,hot water cylinders, coils,Pump failures, zone valve failures,This is as a result of the sludge that would of been sealing the problem area being cleared opening up the problem area causing a leak or compacting sludge causing a lack of flow which can cause some central heating components to fail, In which case would need to be replaced at an extra cost.
PLEASE NOTE: The vast majority of power flushes that we carry out are without problem, and result in a cleaner and more efficient heating system, with radiators restored to their original output.
Masons HPS Limited Terms & Conditions
1. For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) "The Company" shall mean Masons HPS Ltd.
(b) "The Customer" shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works & supply materials.
(c) “The Engineer “shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
3. HOURLY RATE WORK. The Customer will be charged an hourly rate, anything up to the first hour (also classed as a call out) will be charged a full hour. Anything that goes into the next hour will be charged a full hour if over 30 minutes and anything over by less than 30 minutes will be half the hourly rate. Customers shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer's work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable.
4. Where a written estimate has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate be revised in the following circumstances:
(i) if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
(ii) if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
(iv) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
5. The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide an estimate to the Customer & shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by estimates given in writing to the Customer & signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.)
6. Payment in full is due on the day of completion of work. All materials, fixtures and fittings used will remain the property of the company until the account is settled in full. Failure to pay an outstanding account can result in legal action and the possible removal of installed items.
Invoices paid late carry a interest rate of 4% per month. However, this is applied at the sole discretion of the company and is not applied automatically.
7. Where the date and / or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials.
8. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure by the Company had the work been carried out and / or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
9. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
10. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
(c) The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time.
11. The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Gas Safe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
12. Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
13. The company ensures all engineers are Gas Safe Registered under MASONS HPS Ltd - Gas Safe Registration Number.570306.
14. These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
15. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
16. We reserve the right to collect unpaid debts using a Debt Collection Agency.